2nd December 2023 - 24th December 2023
Santa's Grotto Event at Poole’s Cavern
Our ever popular Grotto event returns this December. Meet Father Christmas & his elves in a real grotto before exploring our natural limestone cavern decorated with seasonal lighting.
2nd December 2023 - 24th December 2023
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Christmas is coming!
Our ever popular Grotto event returns this December. Meet Father Christmas & his elves in a real grotto before exploring our natural limestone cavern decorated with seasonal lighting. Your booked ticket will include a five minute slot for a personal meeting with Santa himself, an early Christmas present for the little ones and the opportunity to wander through our subterranean world with elves, snowmen and festive figures on hand as you explore our cave. The cost per person is £16.50 (under 12 months are free). The maximum number of tickets per slot is 5. The trip takes on average 30 minutes but you can stay as long as you like!
On-site we have a small gift shop full of local crafts and gifts. We also have a café, serving hot drinks, home-made cakes & food. Please note there is limited indoor seating, but plenty of outdoor space to enjoy your festive treats. We also have a 100-acre woodland; paths will likely be slippery and muddy so please dress appropriately. We have a car park at the front of our Visitor Centre & it is roughly a 30 minute walk to us from Buxton Train Station.
Our Santa’s Grotto Event will run the weekends of: 2-3rd, 9-10th, 16-17th & 23rd-24th with weekday Grotto tickets available from Monday 18th- Friday 22nd December 2023. Entrance is by pre-booked ticket only.
Tickets can be purchased by online booking only. Please don’t call as we cannot take bookings by phone. Please remember we are a small visitor attraction; our phone lines are not prepared for a high volume of calls. Please note our phone lines will NOT be open on the day of the ticket release. Please continue to follow this blog & our social media, as we hope to release the tickets soon.
Please read conditions before booking.
- Santa’s Grotto is fully accessible for buggy and wheelchair users, however further parts of the cavern have some steps and slopes.
- The Temperature inside the cave is 7 degrees Celsius. Santa’s Grotto is inside the cave.
- Dogs apart from assistance dogs are not permitted in the cave. They are very welcome in the Visitor Centre & Woodland Trails though.
- There are 28 steps in the cave the largest flight being 11 steps.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Each booking will be given a timed entry to visit Santa. There is a maximum of 5 places for each booking.
- You must arrive 10 minutes before your entry time to validate your tickets at the visitor centre. You will be greeted by one of Santa’s helpers who will show you to the grotto, which is inside Poole’s Cavern itself.
- Poole’s Cavern operate a strict No Refunds policy on unwanted tickets or late arrivals. We cannot guarantee entry to late arrivals due to our events usually selling out.
- If you are unable to attend on your booked date, please inform us at least 48 hours before and we will endeavour to rebook you.
How To Find Us
Nearby places to stay
The Old Post Office offers three, recently renovated, 5* luxury self-catering holiday apartments. All set within a beautiful Victorian Grade II…
A stay at the Buxton Crescent is the perfect opportunity to sleep in a magnificent heritage building, with all the service and amenities of a 5-star…
Historic hotel across the leafy Square from the Opera House and Pavilion Gardens. A very special place to eat. Restaurant open daily. Wine Bar open…
Submit an event
Do you organise an event in the Peak District and Derbyshire? If so, please submit the details of your event here for the chance to see it published on our What's On page free of charge.
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest news, special offers, ideas and inspiration straight to your inbox by signing up to the Visit Peak District & Derbyshire e-newsletter.