9th May 2024 - 15th May 2024
10:00 am - 6:00 pm
This ancient custom is all but unique to Derbyshire. It's the art of decorating wells and springs with pictures made using only natural materials.
Wells in the Making 5- 8 May inclusive 10.00 am to 16.00
Tissington Well Dressings 2024 are from Thursday 9 May to Wed 15 May inclusive
Blessing Service Thursday 9 May at 11.00 am St Mary’s Church Tissington DE6 1RA
1. Hands Well at the north end of the village, near the Post Office
2. Children’s Well on Rakes Lane, nearly opposite Hands Well. A small additional dressing located nearby.
3. Hall Well opposite Tissington Hall
4. Yew Tree Well at the south end of the village, near the start of The Avenue leading to Tissington Gates
5. Town Well at the eastern end of the Village Green, near the duck pond
6. Coffin Well in the garden of a house on Chapel Lane (follow the signs via a footpath from the Town Well)
Tissington is located to the east of the A515 Ashbourne to Buxton road, north of Fenny Bentley.
If you have any questions or require any further information please contact the events team on 01335 352200.
How To Find Us
Nearby places to stay
From our warm cosy cottages to the splendor and indulgence of a night or two in one of our apartments, relax and unwind on your next holiday or short…
Dovedale Manor is a 13 bed all ensuite property for up to 37 guests situated in Tissington Village at the gateway to Dovedale National Park. The…
The Water Mill is a stunning Grade II, award-winning conversion, located on the edge of the Peak National Park.
Submit an event
Do you organise an event in the Peak District and Derbyshire? If so, please submit the details of your event here for the chance to see it published on our What's On page free of charge.
Sign up to our newsletter
Receive the latest news, special offers, ideas and inspiration straight to your inbox by signing up to the Visit Peak District & Derbyshire e-newsletter.